Today was mainly admin. and paper work. We were issued lap tops with the learning material and program all laid out on it. It's amazing how well thought out it all is and coming from an education background it's impressive to see how well set up the 3 week ground school is and how the interactive diagrams all are designed. Today it was propellors, engines, oil systems, flight instruments (attitude indicator, airspeed indicator etc). It all comes at us pretty quick. I talked to a guy at dinner who is a course ahead of me. He has a weather test tomorrow and doesn't expect to sleep more than 2 hours tonight. Yikes!! Time to study.
Monday, January 19, 2009
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto...
It feels like I came to Winnipeg and am visiting Canada. My flight in was complete with views from the airplane of shinny games and outdoor rinks and we've got pond hockey planned for the weekend. I woke up this morning and heard what I thought was the shower running next door to me. Upon exiting the building to scurry over for breakfast I quickly realized it was the wind howling and not a shower I could hear. The 50 minute drive to Portage from Winnipeg was like a drive on a frozen lake and it makes sense the wind can get going the way it does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment